Why You Haven't Found Your Perfect Career Yet (And What To Do About It)
So, you want to know why you haven't found your absolutely, positively, PERFECT dream career, right? Well, the answer is actually quite simple.
It's because it doesn't exist... yet.
Ask anyone who's got the "perfect"job and they'll tell you 3 main things:
- They didn't find their perfect job, they created it
- No career is truly perfect, so there will always be good days and bad
- It doesn't happen overnight
I think it's important to note these things because a lot of us are out here searching far and wide hoping to finally find that magical career that we keep hearing about. We network til' we're blue in the face, apply to dozens and dozens of jobs and even try to make the best of where we currently are, but for some reason it always seems that what we're truly after - that perfect career - is always evading us.
Instead of giving up all hope that you'll ever be one of the "lucky" ones who get to enjoy what they do for work, I challenge you to just start looking at things from a totally new perspective.
Check out 3 tips you can start using right away to help you move closer to your ultimate goal.
- Figure out what you're really after. When you think of the perfect career, what about it makes it perfect. Is it the pay, the hours, the people, the projects, all of the above? Take some time to map out exactly what you want. You need to be specific here, because this is the only way you'll know what you're looking for and be able to assess when you've actually gotten there.
- Figure out what it will take for you to get from here to there. Ok, so now that you know what you want to do, it's time to research what you need to get there. Do you need to get some sort of certification, expand your network, or move to another state (or country)? You catch my drift, right? Take this from some abstract idea to a well thought out process map.
- Talk to someone who's already done it. Do your research and find people who have already succeeded at creating the perfect career for themselves. Many of these people are just waiting to tell their stories to anyone who will listen. It's super important to surround yourself with people who are of the same mindset you are. This is how you will take your thinking to the next level.
Want to get started mapping out your perfect career right now? Enter the email I should send your free Perfect Career Plan worksheet to in the form below! Let's do this!
[contact-form][contact-field label="Name" type="name" required="1" /][contact-field label="Email" type="email" required="1" /][/contact-form]